I have been looking for a new mattress for some time but cannot entirely make up my mind between the high-end, traditional pocket-sprung mattresses (£1000+) which look great and have demonstrated their value versus the more recent technology-driven memory foam mattresses (~£600-700). Our current mattress is a mid-to-low market spring mattress bought c. 10 years ago and which did a good job but showing some signs of wear as you would expect.
What mattress in your range would you recommend for us in the ~£700 range? With the following things to note:
* My wife is 160 cm tall and weighs 55 kg (a bit more at the moment as she is pregnant but this should come to an end soon :))
* I am 180 cm tall and weigh 80 kg
* She sleeps predominantly on the back or side while I try to sleep on the side but find i fall asleep more easily on the front (which is causing me neck and back pain…:()
* I generally have lower back pain hence suspect i’d need good support although i’ve read many different things on the matter
* We’d like a 150 cm wide mattress at the minimum, ideally 160 cm (European Double) but i dont think you do these?
All the best and many thanks for your answer,
We can do custom size mattresses but only in our Artisan range. Given that you want to increase the width to 160cm this would mean we would charge an additional 10% on the cost of a standard King Size mattress as it is an additional 10% per additional 6 inches.
At the body weights provided we would match you both with a Medium spring tension as this is solely determined by your body weight and is needed to provide support from inside the mattress itself.
Any side sleepers should avoid a mattress that is too firm in it’s top layers as it will only cause pressure point pains in your shoulders, hips, knees for example. You would need more of a medium support so our advice would be the Artisan Naturals mattress.
However, given your budget you won’t find any mattress in this range at that price. Our starter model (Artisan 1500) comes in at £890.00 for example and that’s without the additional 10% to increase the width.
I hope this has answered your questions fully but if you do have any further queries then please don’t hesitate to contact the office on 0161 945 3757.