I want to buy a new bed and mattress.
We have the following issues:
1) I weigh 16 st, husband weighs 10.5 st, both nearing our 60s.
2) We liked Flaxby mattress split tension, me the medium soft and my husband the medium in show room at Dreams but am aware of the limitations of a one sided mattress.
3) I have always had fairly firm mattresses in past and current mattress served well until the last couple of years, but I now find it too firm. I sleep better in a softer bed due to aches on shoulders, hips etc. I also periodically suffer from back issues.
4) I am also aware my weight is an issue in terms of the grade of mattress, but I really don’t want a firm bed.
5) I also get very hot in bed. Usually under 4.5 tog most of winter and sheet only in summer. Husband has to have a single duvet on top of our main one as he gets cold.
6) Really looking for a natural fibre mattress.
7) Budget is not a major issue.
8) Bed base is flexible, but would like leatherette one if possible. Definitley drawers,
As you have stated that your a hot sleeper, we would recommend a mattress from our Artisan Range which has 100% natural fillings as you should not overheat on a mattress with natural fillings.
We would recommend having a look at our Artisan Bespoke 004. This mattress has a medium comfort layer, these being the fillings that you sleep on which are on top of the springs, making the mattress feel neither too soft nor too firm. At your body weights, you both require a medium spring tension which will give you both the correct support.
We normally pair our Artisan Range of Mattresses with a sprung divan base although our mattresses can be placed on any type of base. However if the mattress goes onto a slatted base/solid base, then this will firm the mattress up again.
We hope the above is of assistance to you but please do not hesitate to contact the office should you require further information on 0161 945 3757.