We are John and Ryan, aka The Mattress Geeks.
- Who are we
- How is John Ryan different from other mattress companies?
- Love it or return it guarantee
- Ask an expert for an answer
- Our Mission
Who are we?
We are still small enough to give a true, honest, and unbiased friendly service to our customers and now 3 decades later established enough to know exactly what we’re talking about, without the spin and marketing nonsense.
Our interest and research in this market quite simply border on the obsessive! We are members of the Institute of Spring Technology where we are able to obtain categoric answers to particular spring related questions, and we have cultivated friendships with a number of key people in the industry who are in a position to help us to obtain data not normally available.
How is John Ryan different from other mattress companies?
The manufacturing industry is understandably pathologically secretive about the contents of a mattress because they are so easy to replicate, and of course, equivalents and comparable models stripped of the associated branding and marketing can be produced by people like us for a more realistic price. The information mattress manufacturers divulge to retailers is as much as they want you, the customer, to know and no more. And that is the sole reason why you are going to find buying a mattress so frustratingly hard.
We aim to break this trend and provide you with the resource and questions you should be asking, and all the reasons for doing so.
Making the best hand-made mattresses possible
We are proud members of the Guild of Master Craftsmen. More about them can be found here.
Love it or Return it Guarantee
Our Guarantee is simple and straightforward. Love it or Return It. We have complete faith in all of our products and our aim is to supply you with the very best spec mattress you can get for your budget and also your needs. Please trust our judgement it is based on a wealth of experience of people’s varying needs and requirements. Remember we do this every day of the year!
For all our new customers we are having to sell ourselves to you over the internet. Even though we do not have a shop where we could talk face to face, we always prefer to talk to you over the phone to discuss in depth your purchase and to answer any further questions you may have. We are not salesmen and we are not in the pockets of any particular manufacturer.
We fervently believe that you do not have to spend silly amounts of money to get a decent mattress and our personal guarantee is our word and our reputation that If you are not happy with the mattress we’ve recommended for you, we will collect it free of charge and refund you in full. Because of this promise, it really is in our interests to ensure your purchase from us is correct the first time.
We give you the honest answer to mattresses
To the point of being unashamed ‘Mattress Nerds’. Mattress manufacturing and all the quirky detail, to us, is fascinating and interesting, and we liken ourselves to ‘train-spotters’ if new products come on the market, we endeavour to find out if they are a credible improvement on what we have already, or if they are simply marketing tricks. If they are the latter, you can rest assured if we can, we will tell you.
Ask a question for an expert answer
Our aim for this site is to have the ultimate unbiased mattress buying resource available. At the bottom of each relevant page is a place where you can ask questions, query what we say or just simply ask questions. No question is too trivial. If no questions are being asked then we believe the post was adequate enough in giving you the required information. Like we say, we don’t profess to know everything about mattresses but we do know a lot more than most.
To challenge the way that people traditionally buy a bed by making the whole process fuss and risk-free.
We aim to make premium quality goods affordable and accessible to all by being transparent, fair and providing unbeatable value.
To be recognised and valued by our customers as the most trusted online bed retailer. In order to achieve our mission and realise our vision, we abide by the following values.
1. Reliability – We deliver our promises on time and right first time with high quality and superior performance.
2. Quality – A measure of our performance as experienced by our customers. Our success depends on our ability to always provide our customers with products and services that exceed their expectations.
3. Respect – By delivering and excelling in our values, we will earn and build the respect of our customers.
4. Integrity – We take care and pride in earning our customers trust through the integrity and reliability of the services we provide and the outcomes we deliver.
5. Innovation – The key to staying ahead of our competition by delivering great service to our customers. We invest in the development of our people and our products to ensure we are able to offer the most up to date and efficient service to our clients.
6. Educate – We educate our customers so that they make an informed choice when buying our products. We educate our people in leading technical knowledge to ensure we maintain our position as a trusted service provider.
Every decision we make in the business is measured against our Goal, Mission and Values. This ensures that we remain focused on what we set out to do. To provide the very best products, at the best price and with the very best service.
We believe that all mattresses should have the core components listed by type and weight of GSM the same way as food ingredients are. This will enable consumers to do adequate and informed comparisons and not base their purchase on dubious marketing spin.
Enjoy the site
John & Ryan